Home / Today's Newsletter / Today’s Ratings and Advice 21/09/16

Today’s Ratings and Advice 21/09/16

Ron RobinsonNobody fancied Redcar today? Cannot say I’m surprised really. Saved me going right through that card looking for crumbs because those juvenile races look as impossible as they get.

I watched DOUBLE UP get stuffed by that 33/1 shot yesterday and it really does bring home the fact it’s coming to the time we really need to start looking more for jumping clues than trying to guess which flat horses have now cried enough and simply want letting down, sent into a field for some R&R, before being brought back in around February to train for the summer of 2017.

TODAY

I’ll be simply having a straight win bet my top rated in the Goodwood race, watching that pair at Redcar and sending out reminders to those of you that use BACS to make your subscription payments.

It’s a seriously busy period.

I’m purchasing four Cheltenham Gold Cup day tickets to use as raffle prizes for our 500 Club and Site Members. The draw will take place on the last day of February and I’ll be looking for names of those that can definitely attend, closer to the time.

This year will be more about giving you something back. The support I have from a lot of people is something that is not lost on me and once the garden project is put to bed, I’ll be looking to say thank you, properly.

Those rated races are below  – figures only for that pair of Redcar minefields as I’ll not be playing either of them!

Goodwood / Wed 21 Sep
First Race: 2:00 pm Going/Track Good to Soft (GoingStick: 6.6 on Tuesday at 08:00)
Updated @ 6:31am, Wed 21 Sep

Stalls: Straight Stand side round course inside except 1m 3f which is outside
Updated @ 10:21am, Wed 14 Sep

Weather 7mm of rain Monday; dry Tuesday, dry forecast Wednesday
Updated @ 6:31am, Wed 21 Sep

Redcar / Wed 21 Sep
First Race: 2:10 pm Going/Track Good to Firm (GoingStick: 9.2 on Wednesday at 06:30)
Updated @ 6:43am, Wed 21 Sep

Stalls: Straight course – centre Round course – inside rail
Updated @ 12:29pm, Sun 18 Sep

Watering: 2mm water applied last Thursday night.
Updated @ 6:43am, Wed 21 Sep

Weather Rain on Friday until after lunch, which put down 6mm, dry and cloudy afternoon. Dry and bright on Saturday and Sunday. 2.5mm rain overnight into Monday morning. Overcast most of Monday, with light sea fret. Dry overnight Monday into Tuesday. Overcast on Tuesday and a further light shower during the afternoon that put down 1mm, then dry overnight into Wednesday. Forecast: Sunny morning expected, with cloud building as the day passes, no wind. Max Temps 16C – 18C.
Updated @ 6:43am, Wed 21 Sep

GOODWOOD 4-55 (L-M-H) (4)

3* – SYMPOSIUM….+9
* – PETTOCHSIDE….+2
* – DIVINE CALL….-1
3 – GOROKAI….-13
3 – KING OF SPIN….-15
3 – RACQUET….-17
MAYMYO….-18
UPAVON….-26
PANTHER PATROL….-33
KINGLAMI….-35
STRAITS OF MALACCA….-38
T – ENGAGING SMILE….-40

NOTES: We have two course specialists in here, DIVINE CALL and PETTOCHSIDE, who have won, between them, five of the 10 races they have taken part in at Goodwood.

They sit second and third best behind a 3-y-o who has yet to race here but is 1-2 ground and 2-6 trip.

If the winner is outside my top three, I’ve missed it and my only play here is a straight win punt my top rated.

REDCAR 3-20 (M-H-L) (5)