Home / Today's Newsletter / Today’s Ratings and Advice 09/05/16

Today’s Ratings and Advice 09/05/16

Ron RobinsonWe have three meetings at Musselburgh, Brighton and Windsor today but the evening meeting actually offers up no races at all, for rating. We have one handicap there(6-50pm), that could have been worked on but for the fact we have three year old’s in there. I refuse to get involved in those as it’s impossible to set an accurate figure for those younger horses.

Text has been applied to any race where stats actually tell us something. Those races having no text applied will simply see my figures trusted at this end.

Brighton / Mon 09 May
Going/Track Good to Firm (watered) (GoingStick: 8.5 on Monday at 06:00)
Updated @ 6:24am, Mon 09 May

Stalls: 5f & 6f Inside 7f & 1m Middle 1m2f Outside
Updated @ 7:57am, Sun 08 May

Weather Very sunny and warm yesterday (22C). Forecast; Some spells of sunshine, but turning cloudy at times with the risk of occasional showers.
Updated @ 6:24am, Mon 09 May

Musselburgh / Mon 09 May
Going/Track Good to Firm Good in places (GoingStick: 8.1 on Saturday at 07:00)
Updated @ 7:15am, Sat 07 May

Rails: Racing will be on the Flat track using the Re cambered Stands Bend Bottom bend out 2 yards adding 7yds to all round races
Updated @ 9:49am, Sat 07 May

Stalls: Stalls 5f and 2m Stands Side Remainder Inside
Updated @ 6:44am, Fri 29 Apr

Weather Damp Murky Morning No measurable rain Met Office Local Forecast Sunday Mist due to clear by mid morning then Dry with some sunshine Monday Dry and Bright and warm
Updated @ 7:41am, Sun 08 May

Windsor / Mon 09 May
Going/Track Good, Good to Firm in places.(Watered) Updated Going Stick reading to follow later. (GoingStick: 8.0 on Sunday at 09:30)
Updated @ 6:30am, Mon 09 May

Rails: All inner running rail has been moved to provide fresh racing lines. Inner of Straight dolled out 11yds at 6f and 6yds at the winning line. Top bend dolled out 12yds from normal inner configuration, adding 45yds to race distances of 1m+
Updated @ 9:50am, Thu 05 May

Stalls: 1m 3f 135yds and 1m 2f 7yds:- Centre. Remainder:- Inside.
Updated @ 2:55pm, Fri 29 Apr

Watering: A total of 13mm irrigation applied to the whole of the racecourse since Thursday, watering of racing lines was completed by 9am today (Sunday)
Updated @ 10:16am, Sun 08 May

Weather Dry overnight. Monday:- dry and bright start, becoming cloudy with showers developing during late evening, it looks as though the showers will arrive after racing 21c.
Updated @ 6:30am, Mon 09 May

BRIGHTON 3-50

T* – IFAN….+12
GLASGOW CENTRAL….+8
T* – CASSANDANE….-19
FARRAH’S CHOICE….-40
SOLVER’S SONG….-40
NORPHIN….-40

NOTES: If stats allied to figures mean anything, my top rated is a straight win bet. He is 2-3 here, 2-5 on the ground and 3-7 at the trip. The rest of these put together don’t hold a candle to him BUT…it’s a Class 6 at Brighton and my staking will certainly take that into account.

BRIGHTON 4-20

MISS LILLIE….-4
* – HARRY BOSCH….-15
T – TOGETHERWECAN….-19
* – WORDISMYBOND….-35
LUTINE CHARLIE….-40
POETIC LICENCE….-40
WHALEWEIGH STATION….-40
LADY ZODIAC….-40

NOTES: I’m simply going to dutch that pair holding onto that * icon. My top rated is 0-11 at the trip…..0-3 on the ground….it’s a shocker!

BRIGHTON 4-50

* – ASK THE GURU….+8
* – PANDAR….-1
T* – SECRET MILLIONAIRE….-4
DIAMOND CHARLIE….-16
ELAND ALLY….-27
MORE SPICE….-40

NOTES: On figures/stats, I can only play my top rated with SECRET MILLIONAIRE in a dutch….both have three ticks. I’ll have a small 20/80 that one with the T* icons but staking here all day will be to my minimum.

MUSSELBURGH 3-10

T* – ELLAAL….+11
T* – SUREWECAN….+10
* – OPT OUT….+9
T* – JUST PAUL….-10
T – INGLEBY SPRING….-11
LET RIGHT BE DONE….-16
T – SAKHALIN STAR….-38
T – GONE WITH THE WIND….-38
SILVER DUKE….-40

NOTES: Rated horses 1 & 3 are the most statistically sound….ELLAAL 1-13 ground, 3-29 trip and 2-7 here. OPT OUT 4-21 ground, 1-4 trip and 4-16 here.

JUST PAUL loves this place….3-8 here. However the trip is an issue….0-9. It’s the trip also causing me to think SUREWECAN might struggle, too….0-6.

I’m just going to work with rated horses 1 & 3 to small staking, a 20/80 going to OPT OUT, simply because he has superior stats to ELLAAL.

MUSSELBURGH 3-40

DANCIN ALPHA….-6
T* – SHAMAHEART….-7
* – DARK CRYSTAL….-11
T* – PICKS PINTA….-20
T – MR COOL CASH….-32
MR SUNDOWNER….-40
T – TELLOVOI….-40
T – ADEVENTUREMAN….-40
CALL ME CROCKET….-40

NOTES: A poor race but SHAMAHEART will be a 20/80 and my only bet in this one. Very weak on stats this horse does have three ticks and is 1-2 here, something that certainly counts at this track.

MUSSELBURGH 4-10

ARCHIPELIGO….-27
MCVICAR….-40
T – INDIAN CHIEF….-40
T – MEMORY CLOTH….-40
T – SHALAMAZAR….-40
NORFOLK SOUND….-40

NOTES: I wonder if BAYAN KASIRGA can be translated as buttered toast in any language? If so, my top three would have to be played in a dutch!

BAYAN KASIRGA is unbeaten here…2-2 and is 7-27 at the trip but just 1-13 on the ground is a concern.

He is by far the strongest stats wise and sitting top rated, is my 20/80.

I’ll add a dutch rated horses 1, 2 and 3 and hope my figures/stats don’t do me up like a kipper.

MUSSELBURGH 5-45 (L-H-M)

T – ATREUS….+10
T§* – SMALLJOHN….+9
T§* – TED’S BROTHER….+2
* – YAIR HILL….+/-0
T§ – PRINCESS PEACHES….-15
BLUE JACKET….-18
JOYFUL STAR….-18
T§ – COOKIE RING….-33
TAKAHIRO….-37
T – VECHEKA….-40
T – TOP OFFER….-40
RIPONIAN….-40

NOTES: The only race today I can see the draw making a difference of any significance. I had a Bryan Smart horse joint top rated a couple of days ago and it went in at 14/1….SMALLJOHN runs for him here and with that trio of icons, he’s my 20/80.

This is the weakest race here statistically and none of those that have raced here previously did much of anything. SMALLJOHN is currently 0-3 here.

I’ll just go top three dutch to October rules and play the Smart horse 20/80.

Have a brilliant day,