Well, my own decision yesterday cost me. Like I said though, that doesn’t bother me in the slightest. I have always said to myself, whatever happened yesterday, happened yesterday and I do not let it impact on my decision making today.
I had some lovely e-mails following that tome I felt compelled to write yesterday. I would ask that, if those members that responded ever go to the Forum, you clean up the text before posting! I do not want that place becoming like many of the Forums out there. The intention was for it to simply be a place where members discussed horse racing, arranged to meet at a track etc, discussed how they use my work, their own work and make profits, in the Systems Workshop and hopefully it still will do that.
I asked you to e-mail me to let me know why you would punt that second rated race yesterday and several said, “because you just never know!”. True….and Vince sent me a message via Facebook shortly after collecting 8 about the 5/1 winner Tarabella, the second highest rated horse on my figures….carrying the *. Nice….soft lad here got nowt. I would have actually had two winning races from two but chose not to even watch the racing yesterday. Fingals Bay was a nice 9/2 top rated winner in the only other race touched. If you played, congratulations.
So, with just two more days of proofing to go, whichever way those three spreadsheets recorded those results yesterday, more profit was obtained….except by me.
We have three races from Catterick today. We should have had one from Plumpton but, guess what, they had 12mm overnight, it’s still raining and, they’ve pulled the plug….that won’t help them, either!
Catterick has had another 7mm overnight and expect maybe a couple more mm during the day. This rain, as was the case yesterday, has come after the last going stick reading was taken. I, again, will not be betting. Good luck to you, if you choose to do so. I have highlighted below the fact that the going stick reading provided by Catterick pertains to that taken at 2-30 on Friday afternoon. I have no idea what has happened there with the weather since then and, I would hazard a guess, neither do you….unless you live in or around that area. If they can tell us this morning they had 7mm of rain overnight, why can they also not provide a new going stick reading?
CATTERICK BRIDGE – Jump (Updated:09/02/2014 at 08:14:48)
(GoingStick: Hurdle: 6.0 Chase: 5.9 on Friday at 14:30)
7mm rain overnight.
Forecast: Sunday – Possible showers through morning (1-2mm)
clearing to leave a dry afternoon and night
Monday – Dry day
PLUMPTON – Jump (Updated:10/02/2014 at 06:31:26)
12MM RAIN OVERNIGHT AND STILL RAINING
INSPECTION BROUGHT FORWARD RACING ABANDONED!
*INDICATES HORSES HAVING WON PREVIOUSLY ON THE GOING AS CURRENTLY DESCRIBED….BUT IS THAT WHAT IT IS? PLEASE NOTE THE GOING STICK READING PROVIDED WAS TAKEN ON FRIDAY!!!
HAWAII FIVE NIL….+12
RIGHT TO RULE….+8
THE CLOCK LEARY….-18
JOKERS AND ROGUES….-37
*UNION JACK D’YCY….+13
Have a brilliant day and the very best of luck if you get involved.